We allow you to connect to 3rd party applications (apps) at your sole discretion through MyChart to retrieve parts of your health record for your own personal use. Examples of data that can be pulled into a 3rd party app include lab results, allergies, medications, and immunizations history. Some applications may use your health data for advertising or other purposes. We advise that you review the Terms and Conditions of each of the applications before granting access. If you have technical questions or concerns about these 3rd party applications, contact the application owner directly.
How to allow a 3rd party app to access your health record
In order to authenticate an app to retrieve your health data, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have a MyChart account. You will need your login credentials for the authentication process.
- Open the 3rd party application on your personal device. Carefully review the app's terms and conditions.
- The app may ask you to select “John Muir Health” from a list.
- You will be redirected to the MyChart login screen for John Muir Health. Enter your credentials to continue.
- If you have proxy access for another person, you will need to select to which account you are linking the to the 3rd party app.
- You may see a page with details about the application. These details come from a questionnaire that the app developer fills out and attests to, such as how the app is funded, whether it distributes your data to other parties, and whether you're able to delete or see records of the data the app collects. Review this information carefully and determine whether you would like the app to have access to your health information.
- If you would like to allow the app to access your data, check the "I have read the statements above" box, and then click "Allow Access".
- You can review and remove app access to your health data at any time by navigating to the 'Manage My Linked Apps and Devices' page in MyChart.
**Don’t have a MyChart account? Please call (925) 941-2001, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.